Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Adoption

Hello all! Well I have some exciting news to share. Neil and I have decided to adopt a baby! Let me start off with how this came around. When we worked at the campus ministry here in Russellville Arkansas we would take a large group of college kids to Panama City Beach, Florida for Gulf Coast Getaway. That is were it all started! Every year we would go, they would present something to do with adoption and every year Neil and I would just sit there and cry and cry. Every year we say we are going to do that one day. Well, years past and we talked about every now and then even after our daughter was born we still talked about it. It came crystal clear to us when my health was on the rocks and not knowing what was going on. Doctors advised me to wait and figure out what was wrong before I tried to have another baby...that was 3 years ago. During that I had the light bulb moment of,"I can still have the joys of having a baby WE NEED TO ADOPT!" So Neil and I did some research on agencies and God lead us to Christian Homes and Family Services in Texas.We decided to do domestic adoption because we both felt that we live in such a blessed country and thought is was just sad that there were children needing love and good families here! This agency is a blessing to so many and to my family. We took the long, long car drive down to orientation one weekend. I have to say that weekend has been a true highlight of my life. We met some amazing couples and to top it off some amazing birth moms. This agency we are working with is an open adoption agency. Many people have many worries about this but after talking to the birth moms I am 100% behind open adoptions. I have learned to truly love those women and give them my highest respect! Neil and I are still in the process of the mountain of paper work and getting a home study. I am actually starting to sell Arbonne to help make some extra money for the adoption. I will be doing a lot of stuff to make some extra money to pay for this...but it is well worth it! I know through this process I will grow in my relationship with God knowing He loves me and adopted me into His wonderful family. I am asking all that read this to please pray and pray hard for us. Everyday I need to always remind myself "God is bigger than my fears and my worries". I will keep you all posted and in the end share some joy of a new Reynolds baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment