Friday, January 28, 2011

slash tires or hit knees

I don't how it is with other wives, but I am pretty protective of my husband! I my mind I am the only one that can give him a hard time about something no one else has the right to, which is a flaw of mine! I can probably say that is the case in many marriages. As a ministers wife it is hard to hear negative things said about my husband or things he is doing in his ministry.

When he comes home from work and just looks like he came in from a battle I feel like I am ready to break out some war paint and slash some tires. But as Christ is working on me and my heart I have to make the right decision to hit my knees and pray for him and the situation that knocked him in the knee caps. IT IS HARD TO DO.

Most of you know you do this and if you say "oh goodness I don't" your lying! But when someone hurts your family, you have this full length movie played out in your head of you pulling a Rambo on someone. Us in the south would love to just slap someone and say "bless you heart" and just gracefully walk away. Oh my, I have had some Oscar winning performances in my mind when my husband comes home and tells me about his day. Just like everyone else that is trying to live a life of Christ, has to love the unlovable and the people that hurt the ones we love. I have to pray a constant prayer of " Dear sweet Lord, how in the world do you love them and please give me your eyes to see them the way you see them.

I don't come to worship every Sunday with a smile on face like I just came from skipping in a field picking flowers or to be VERY honest there are times I don't want to see people. I have to tell myself what my mother told me when I was going though a hard time in high school. " You don't go to church for those people, you go to give praise to God" I will always remember that and remind myself that.

A note to those who may not think about this but my husband and so many other ministers are human, have wives that could spit some serious nails and have a heart for God that wants to please. So when they get trampled so do their wives. We must all speak in love... as Christ speaks to us in love.

3 comments:

  1. Katie~
    I really appreciate your honesty! I will be a minister's wife before too long and it makes me feel so much better to know I'm not going crazy thinking how hard it will be, but that it's doable..thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well said! I think people forget we are all just human, trying to get by so being kinder really can make someones day (or someones wifes day) better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is very do able with the Lords help!!! and it is rewarding to watch your husband work so hard for an amazing God!

    ReplyDelete